Remember all those chocolatey-sugary treats you ate when you couldn’t help yourself after a long, frustrating day at work? Or maybe it wasn’t frustrating, you just really like refined carbohydrates. Let’s make it all better. Don’t worry. You can do this. I mean, we’re on your side. We’re not going to make you eat rabbit food. We want our breakfast to be outstanding. And we want to make sure we’ve got enough on hand to bypass any cravings for almond croissants. Or bacon sandwiches, just saying.
The wonderful thing about sugarchaihoneybunch’s granola is that it contains zero raisins (yay!) and lots of vitamin-rich dried fruit and nuts. So you can feel positively angelic eating this! If you do like raisins (whywhywhy) or any other dried fruit/nuts/etc, feel free to play around with the recipe.
Makes about 15 servings (each serving is 60g)
360g jumbo oats
114g walnut pieces
47g toasted sliced almonds
105g chopped dried apricots
106g chopped dried dates
16g dessicated coconut
6 tbsp maple syrup
6 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 150C (fan-assisted).
- Mix all of the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Heat the maple syrup and coconut oil in a pan on low heat until runny.
- Pour this liquid into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture onto greased and lined baking sheet. Flatten with a spatula.
- Bake for 15-30 mins, stirring every 10 minutes until golden. Careful not to let the dried fruit burn!
- Enjoy with cold milk, yoghurt or by itself – we won’t tell anyone!
Calories per serving: 272 kcal
So what do you think? Feel free to share your questions and comments below! We’d love to hear what you have to say.