Not to sound like a broken record but it has been an endless winter and we’re tired of the gloomy skies and biting winds here in London. Enough already! We want to wear shorts! We want to eat ice cream! We want to laze around in the park with the sunshine warming our skin! Where are you sunshine?
We’re big believers of positive energy to get the results we want. So let’s try something new. We tried fooling our senses with the gorgeous Ghanaian plantain chips last week – this week let’s try tempting the sun out with a light delicate spritzer, complete with cocktail umbrellas!
This is our version of ice tea with a Middle Eastern twist. The pomegranate molasses gives the drink a slight tangyness, the herbal is calming and refreshing and the agave sweetens it all up without being cloying. And the cocktail umbrellas make us feel classy!
Mr Sunshine, come out come out wherever you are!
Makes roughly 1 litre
2 tsp loose herbal tea or 2 herbal tea bags (we used a Rooibos, chamomile and vanilla mix)
500ml hot water
4 tsp agave syrup (to taste)
2 tsp pomegranate molasses
500ml chilled sparkling water
- Infuse the tea/teabags in the hot water for approximately 3-5 minutes.
- If using loose tea, strain into a jug. Otherwise, remove the teabags from the water.
- Stir in the agave syrup and pomegranate molasses.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a jug or glasses and top up with sparkling water.
- Add cocktail umbrellas and straws and enjoy!
So what do you think? Feel free to share your questions and comments below! We’d love to hear what you have to say.