We’re sorry. This is so unnecessary. We gave you a beautiful recipe for Rose Ice Cream just the other week and here we are, ruining your summer beach diet all over again. In our defence, this ice cream is TOTALLY different. Okay, it’s still ice cream. It’s still super easy. But where the Rose Ice Cream is creamy and light, this one is rich and has incredible depth of flavour, just like eating chocolate truffles.
And with a peanut butter swirl – you can kind of pretend you’re getting a bit of protein….okay no, you can’t, but the the chocolate peanut butter combination is a classic salty and sweet flavour that we just love!
Make this today and eat it outside in the (rare) British sunshine!
Makes at least 12 scoops of ice cream
300 ml double cream
200 ml condensed milk
245g dark chocolate
5 tbsp peanut butter (we prefer the kind made with just peanuts and salt)
- Melt the chocolate in a bain marie gently and leave to one side to cool.
- Pour the double cream and condensed milk into a big mixing bowl.
- Using a hand whisk or electric whisk, whip the mixture until thick enough to resemble clotted cream or custard.
- When thick, add the cooled melted chocolate to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a large shallow freezer-safe container.
- Add spoons of peanut butter and swirl through the mixture.
- Put the container in the freezer and leave for 6-8 hours or overnight to set.
- Enjoy in a waffle cone or by itself!
So what do you think? Feel free to share your questions and comments below! We’d love to hear what you have to say.