Going to the farmer’s market is so exciting. Not only can you buy organic fruit and vegetables that are actually in season in your country, speak to vendors who know exactly how their fish/meat/fruits/vegetables/juice/ baked goods are produced or sourced and buy food that is local, it gives you the opportunity to try some new and interesting foods. Like raw milk, interesting blends of goats cheese….and PINK AND BLUE POTATOES. Who knew potatoes were available in different colours? (Well, we sure didn’t.)
We therefore couldn’t wait use them and we thought roasting them simply and serving them warm as a salad with za’atar croutons and a handful of spinach would be a perfect lunch.
We don’t need to tell you that this salad is also pretty healthy 🙂
Makes roughly 4 servings
2 potatoes (we chose 1 pink and 1 blue), sliced
1 butternut squash, sliced
1 courgette, sliced
a handful of spinach
salt, pepper and paprika to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan assisted).
- Place the potatoes, squash and courgette onto a baking sheet, lined with foil.
- Add the oil, salt, pepper and paprika and mix by hand.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until roasted and golden. Halfway through, it’s a good idea to mix the vegetables once more so that it roasts all over.
- Serve with spinach and enjoy!
So what do you think? Feel free to share your questions and comments below! We’d love to hear what you have to say.