Last year, Tara went on a little trip to France and discovered a type of rose-coloured garlic, beautifully arranged in a bouquet, which comes from the Languedoc region. Of course, she had to buy it and since bringing it back to London, we’ve used it regularly in our cooking and generally become obsessed with all things garlic.
In fact, we recently picked up this incredible English garlic butter and we’ve been using it on/in so many things: on rice, on bread, on crackers, in kitchadi….and now popcorn! Yes, our garlic obsession has found our snack obsession. We found that when you cook popcorn with garlic butter and then add oregano, salt and pepper and Parmesan, beautiful things happen. To be honest, it was a miracle that we had enough popcorn to show you – the moment the popcorn was ready, we couldn’t help shovelling it into our mouths for “quality control”. Mmmmm.
Makes 1 big tin of popcorn!
3 tbsp garlic butter
90g popping corn
1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
2 tsp garlic powder
3 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- Melt the garlic butter in a pan over high heat.
- Add the corn and cover. You should hear the corn popping soon!
- When the popping slows down and the “pops” are about 5 seconds apart, turn the heat off. Leave until the corn stops popping.
- Pour the popped corn into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the Parmesan, garlic powder, oregano, salt and black pepper and shake/mix until thoroughly incorporated.
So what do you think? Feel free to share your questions and comments below! We’d love to hear what you have to say.